GENERAL PROCEDURES, POLICIES, RULES, AND REGULATIONS and WINNERS GALA CONCERT/AWARD CEREMONY INFORMATION
Dear Participants of the “Florida Keys” IMC: Before submitting the Application Form, please read these Policy Rules and regulations.
To Apply for Audition Round you need to:
- Complete the on-line Application Form. For Duets/Trios/Ensembles/Choirs/Dance, each member must fill out an application form. Each applicant should list the name of the group or full name with whom they will participate.
- Pay your Application Fee for Audition Round (Application Fee is not refundable for any reason) after submitting your application
- Send a link/links with piece/pieces for your category/categories
- Send a photo of applicant/applicants
- Verify that Audition Round piece/pieces do not exceed the performance time limit (see the Categories Age Requirements), but can be less.
Within next ten days you will receive an e-mail confirmation from “Florida Keys” IMC Committee that your Application Form, payment, photos of applicants were received, and video/videos correspond to the format of “Florida Keys” IMC requirements. The video/videos will then be forwarded to the panel of judges. Information about the contestant, including information about contestants with special needs will be held in strict confidence and will not be shared with anyone outside of the “Florida Keys” IMC committee.
How to Pay Application Fees:
All applicants should use the PayPal option on the “Florida Keys” IMC website. To pay the Application Fees, please click on the “Pay Now” button/buttons. By clicking on the button you will be re-directed to PayPal. Please indicate whom you are paying for in the notes. Unmatched applications and payments will be returned.
Audition Round Results:
Applicants will receive an e-mail with the results of the Addition Round.
If a Contestant is Not a Winner of the Current Competition Year:
If a contestant was not chosen for the Winner Gala Concert and Award Ceremony, he/she is truly welcome for participation in the next “Florida Keys” IMC competition year.
If a Contestant is a Winner of the Current Competition Year: After receiving an e-mail from “Florida Keys” IMC Committee with information for winners with the dates of the Winners Gala Concert and Award Ceremony, you will need to confirm your agreement for participation in the Award Ceremony and/or performing in the Winners Gala Concert (if chosen to perform) with the piece was chosen by the judges from the Audition Round within 3 days.
To Confirm Your Agreement to Come to the Winners Gala Concert, you will need to:
- Submit payment for the Winners Gala Concert
- Winners Application Fee is not refundable for any reason
- Winners application fee cannot be split between partners (for duets, ensembles, and trios). However, Winner application fee can be split for Choir/Dance Groups.
- Fill in the Winners Form online and send your payment within three (3) days of receiving your invitation email.
Winners Application Fee includes:
- Admission for the contestant.
- Photo with name and short biography of the contestant in the Winners Gala Concert Booklet and Program.
- Note that the Committee may shorten or edit the contestant’s short biography
- Professional photo from the Winner Concert and Award Ceremony.
Additional Information and Requirements for Winners:
- You are welcome to bring your own accompanist if you would like.
- Tickets for Accompanists, Teachers, parents, family members, and guests are not included into the Winners Application Fee and must be purchased separately.
- Tickets will be available at the Aventura Arts and Cultural Center website www.aventuracenter.org before the Winners Concert event (please check web-site one/two months prior before the event).
- Taking photos and/or video recordings at Aventura Arts and Cultural Center is strictly prohibited.
- Booking rooms for practice and rehearsal before Winners Gala Concert is the responsibility of the contestant. However, “Florida Keys” IMC Committee can recommend some options.
- By signing the Winners Application Form, the applicant confirms and strictly abides to the allocated performance time limit.
- “Florida Keys” IMC is not responsible for any damage, stolen or lost items before, during, or after Winners Gala Ceremony.
- “Florida Keys” IMC is not responsible for any injuries that happen due to the failure to comply with the rules of conduct and safety during preparation or during Winners Gala Concert and Award Ceremony.
- All contestants who are invited to Aventura Arts and Cultural Center in Florida are responsible for their safety and compliance with all standards of conduct and safety rules during the preparation of the Winners Gala Concert, performance time, and the closing Award Ceremony.
- Travel, visa costs, medical insurance, accommodation, and any expenses are the responsibility of the participants’ of the “Florida Keys” IMC.
- “Florida Keys” IMC can cancel (or change the place, dates, and time) of the Winners Gala Concert and Award Ceremony without any compensation for damage in case of force majeure circumstances such as war, death, epidemic, natural disasters and their consequences, etc.
- “Florida Keys” IMC reserves all rights to terminate the competition, to change or modify the rules and requirements, dates ad schedules of the competition year, and other information related to the competition in any way, any time, for any reason without prior notice and explanation.
By entering the “Florida Keys” IMC, an applicant represents individually or in case of an ensemble, together, that he/she/they have read this GENERAL PROCEDURE POLICY RULES AND REGULATIONS and clearly understand it.