The sections for the Vocal category are: Solo, Duet/Trio, and Small Choir Group (4-12 members).
- PRO (for contestants who choose to become/who are professional musicians)
- DEVOTEE (for contestants who began their piano education recently at any age, or students who are not majoring in music in college)
- SPECIAL (for contestants with special needs)
Competition Categories, Age Levels, and Performance Time
- Group 1 (ages 5 to 8) up to 5 min
- Group 2 (ages 9 to 11) up to 8 min
- Group 3 (ages 12 to 14) up to 8 min
- Group 4 (ages 15 to 18) up to 10 min
- Group 5 (ages 19 to 25) up to 12 min
- Group 6 (ages 26-36) up to 12 min
Repertoire for the Audition Round (AR) and Winners Gala Concert (GC)
An Accompanist or CD accompaniment is optional for Audition Round video.
“Florida Keys” IMC provides a piano accompanist for Winners Gala Concert, however winners who are chosen to perform at the Gala Concert in Carnegie Hall can bring their own accompanist. No acoustic system will be provided.
Classical/ Jazz/ Folk performance style requirements for this Category.
- One or two vocal compositions from any musical period, including contemporary composers (ie compositions from Broadway shows) of the contestant’s choice. Find more suggested repertoire on pages Featured Composers and Jevdet Hajiyev.
- Original compositions, arrangements, and transcriptions are all acceptable.
- Improvisations for Jazz repertoire are acceptable.
- Memorization is required.
- Only ONE of the two presented pieces will be selected by the Judges for the Gala Concert for winners who are chosen to perform in Carnegie Hall.
By signing the Entrance Application (Audition Round), participants agree to all terms and regulations of the Competition. Please direct any questions about the Competition to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Complete Application Form here.