- To support young talented musicians in developing their musical individuality and improving their mastery.
- Music is for everyone! To give the opportunity to young musicians to show their talents and show their individual abilities in these Divisions:
- For professional musicians – PRO
- For non-professional musicians – ADMIRER/DEVOTEE
- For musicians with special needs – SPECIAL
- To provide lectures, concerts, masterclasses, workshops, and presentations from highly experienced musical educators to help musicians develop musical educational enrichment.
“Florida Keys” IMC was founded by: Pervin Muradova-Dilbazi, Kay Lang, Vivian Fang Liu, and President of the AACA, Tohfa Eminov. We are a non-profit organization (Florida 501 (c) (3) Exempt), and all donations are tax deductible. Your generosity will help a great cause! Please send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. We speak English, Russian, Ukrainian, Azerbaijani, and Chinese.
“Florida Keys” IMC is open for musicians from age 5 to 36+ years old on the date the video/videos for Audition Round are sent.
“Florida Keys” IMC includes only ONE Round for each category: The Audition Round, and Gala Concert and Award Ceremony for Winners. In 2020, it will be held at Carnegie Hall in New York City, USA. The Judges will evaluate the contestant’s video submission for the Audition Round and choose winners for the Winners Gala Concert. Twenty-five winners, chosen by the Judges, will perform at the Winners Gala Concert. All videos for the Audition Round must be submitted via YouTube or any other online link/links.
NEW: Internet Category (Remote Participation)
For those contestants who wish to participate online only, there is an internet category. Please check the box in the Application Form for the Internet Category. After the judges’ decisions, contestants and their teachers will receive their diplomas by email.
Applicants will not be admitted to the Audition Round unless payment is received.
- If during Application open term the applicant would like to participate in more than 1 category, the “Florida Keys” IMC Committee welcomes and accepts additional application forms with payment for the additional categories according to the rules.
If the contestant is not chosen for Winners’ Gala Concert or Awards Ceremony, the Application fee for the Audition Round will not be reimbursed for any reason.
If the contestant is chosen for the Winners’ Gala Concert or Awards Ceremony, each participant must pay an Additional Fee for this within 3 days of receiving their invitation and submit the Winner Form. Read the General Rules here.
Closing Application deadline is: October 1, 2020 .
Individual results be sent via email to every applicant by October 25, 2020.
The Winners’ Gala Concert and Winners’ Award Ceremony will be held on November 21st, 2020 at 1:00 PM, 2020 in Carnegie Hall in New York, USA.
- Grand Prize (1 prize)
- Awards for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places
- Honored Mentioned Diplomas
- Monetary Awards from the Featured Composers
- Monetary Award for the best performance of Jevdet Hajiyev’s compositions
- Special Award for the brightest young talent of the competition year
- Special Award from the Judges
- Special Award for National performance (Azerbaijani, Ukrainian, American, and Chinese)
All teachers of winners will receive diploma of achievement from “Florida Keys” IMC.
Repertoire for Audition Round for All Categories
Three contrasting compositions from Baroque period, Classical sonata, and contestant’s choice, including Featured Composers. Contestants may include concerto in their repertoire (movements 1 or 3).
Requests for Video/Videos for the Audition Round and Winners Gala Concert
- The Audition Round video/videos should be recorded within six months prior submitting the application.
- Recorded video/videos should fair represent of the contestant’s abilities and should be of high quality. The video for the Audition Round must to have the information in this order:
- Applicant’s name and last name
- The applicant’s age and the name of the Category
- The title of the compositions (including opus, numbers, mov. for Sonata/or Sonatina) and the composer’s name.
- Unedited video recording link/links of the contestant’s performance should be with full view of student. No parts of video connected together or video clips are acceptable for the Audition Round!
- Only YouTube or any other links for Audition Round videos are accepted. No DVD.
- The final selection of winners will be based solely on the audio/video recordings submitted each competition year.
- Judges’ comments will not be disclosed to any contestant, teacher, or their representative.
- Winners who are unable to participate in the Winners Recital for any reason will not be sent their awards, however their teacher or parent may receive their award if present.
- No changes or additional information on the Application Form is allowed after the application is submitted by “Florida Keys” IMC Committee. The Application Form must be checked by contestant’s parent or teacher.
“Florida Keys” IMC Judges
- The performances of all competitors and categories are judged by International Judges’ Committee: high qualified musicians, international judges, and highest qualified teachers.
- All decisions of the Judges are final and irrevocable.
- The Judges have the option to decide that no award be given in a category if no contestants merit an award.
- Students of Judges will not participate in the competition.
- Contacting the Judges in any way about competition or its applicants after Audition Round videos are submitted is prohibited.
Entrance Application Procedure
Submit the Application form online.
- A copy of a Birth Certificate or another ID that shows proof of the contestant’s age and country of residence
- A recent photo of the contestant
- Short biography of the contestant
- An unedited video recording (YouTube link/links) of the contestant’s performance with full view of student. The video can be sent up to the deadline and need not be sent along with payment and application. Due to limited space, we encourage you to register early and send your video when it is ready (by the deadline).
- Proof of payment of the Application Fee (ie receipt received via email)